19 US Companies Recognized for Exceptional Efforts to Protect Children from Trafficking and Exploitation
- Adventure Travel Trade Association
- Caribe Royale Orlando
- CorpTrav Management
- EmpireCLS Worldwide Chauffeured Services
- Envision Meetings & Incentives
- Hilton Worldwide
- Hospitality eResources
- International Tour Management Institute
- Lotus Nomads
- Maritz Travel
- Meaningful Trip
- Meeting Professionals International – WA State Chapter
- Nix Conference & Meeting Management
- Platinum Travel & Events
- Real Hospitality Group
- Society for Incentive Travel Excellence Click here for more information.
Eliminating the Trafficking of Children and Youth
- Trafficking and Child Labor
- Use of the internet in the trafficking of children and youth
- Criminalization of homeless children who have been trafficked
- Giving voice to victims of child trafficking and assisting in their healing
- A personal testimony of a survivor of child trafficking
- Advocating for the protection of children and youth from trafficking
- The Faith community as a leader in ending trafficking
Public Policy and Government Relations
Pending Approval of The Code Board, Sonesta will Officially Join ECPAT’s Efforts to Protect Children from Exploitation and Trafficking
Newton, MA (July 19, 2016) – Sonesta International Hotels Corporation today announced its plans to enter into partnership with ECPAT-USA which includes signing their Tourism Child-Protection Code of Conduct (“The Code”), an industry-driven tourism initiative dedicated to the prevention of the trafficking of children.
To protect every child’s basic human right to grow up free from the threat of sexual exploitation and trafficking. ECPAT-USA does this in four primary ways:
ECPAT-USA advocates for federal and state legislation that prevents exploitation, protects children, and guarantees that any child who is subjected to sexual slavery or sex trafficking will not be prosecuted in the courts for prostitution;
ECPAT-USA promotes corporate responsibility among private companies with a strong focus on the tourism sector.
ECPAT-USA educates first responders and ordinary citizens about this issue so that they can identify victims and join us in the fight to better protect children.
ECPAT-USA empowers youth to take the lead against human trafficking by equipping them with the knowledge and tools necessary to help them become activists against this terrible trade.
ECPAT-USA is the leading anti-trafficking policy organization in the United States. ECPAT-USA belongs to an international network of organization in 80 countries, all working to end the commercial sexual exploitation of children.